classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Are you under 25y/o and into old cars?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got sneered at in the car park of my local Tesco's the other day by a couple in a R reg Peugot! My 'crime' was to be driving my 2cv.

The funny thing is the 2cv is actually worth more than an R reg Peugot, I can't get my head around peoples perceptions of old or classic cars, most are horrified at the thought of one parking outside their house!

It takes perhaps a levi's ad featuring one and then suddenly they are 'cool' and you get the thumbs up instead!
I've long past given up worrying about the acceptance of others who don't understand...they never will.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day, I was walking over the car park at a local car accessory store, and saw the most beautifully restored two tone grey 2CV I have ever seen parking up. I walked up to the owner as he got out of the car, and started to talk to him. What did he say during the conversation? ''When you came over, I thought that you were going to sneer at me"

O-N, is there something special about that colour scheme? I remember the Charlestons, but not one in that colour. Or was it his own choice? Any ideas?
Old-Nail

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have owned five 2cv's now UJ and each and every one of them was different in that they all had their own 'personality' for want of a better word.

If you had a row of seemingly identical cars, but could drive each of them blindfold (if that were possible!) you would still know which one you were in!

I think that tends to extend into the colour schemes they are finished in when restored, people go for either the factory colour scheme that most appeals to them (although not original) or simply a non standard scheme that they happen to like.

That's probably part of the appeal of these cars in that because for some inexplicable reason every one is slightly different to drive, owners then tend to individualise them further. The colour scheme that you saw was probably just because the owner liked it that way rather than any factory format.
Penman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I used to see one around Blackburn which was Red with (I think) 8 large black circles symetrically arranged on it, i think they were trying to get it to look like an 8 spot Ladybird.
Geoffp

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find one, well here is the next best thing Smile :

http://www.brusino.com/ecology/builda2cv_special.html

Geoff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: