classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

My 1952 Ford Prefect 'pickup'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
klassicdave

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:07 pm    Post subject: My 1952 Ford Prefect 'pickup' Reply with quote

Here's a few images of my Ford Prefect during its evolution from a 4 door saloon to a 2 door pickup.

Giggles

Location: Tucked up under a patchwork quilt somwhere in Suffolk

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. Very Happy A friend had one a few years back, but that had BMW running gear and was painted buttercup yellow.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In about 1990/91 I saw a home-made Prefect pickup at Newark Autojumble in the car park, it has been widened too, so no doubt something large had been shoe-horned under the bonnet...

R
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
klassicdave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, the Prefect passed its first MOT in 37 years on Saturday morning and by 10.30 was on display at our little village show. To say I'm delighted is an understatement. I drove it approx 25 miles on its first outing and made nearly all the other motorists on the road smile when they saw it. Talk about a 'feel good' factor for both myself and the general public. I think a classic vehicle should be on prescription as its effects are certainly positive. What are your experiences ladies and gentlemen ????????????????????????

[/img]

Last edited by klassicdave on Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Richard H

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking great Dave Very Happy If you are in the South East you could bring it along to our Essex meeting in July, details under 'Classic and Vintage Cars'. Would be good to see it in the flesh!
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well done Dave, another Prefect on the road!! (PS did you need rear mudguards for the MOT?)

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
klassicdave

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rich and Rick for your kind comments. If the car proves reliable Rich, I would like to bring it along to the event.
With regard to the rear mudguards Rick, the MOT inspector quizzed their absence but couldn't find anything specific in his testing criteria about the need for mudguards, so he had no solid reason to fail it on this - phew. I like it fenderless, but I might source some motorcyle mudguards just so I don't get any points on my license, although I could always plead ignorance Wink Wink
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as mud gauds go, you can get some really basic tin ones, new for about £15 or£20 from trailer manufacturers, they don't look too bad. I have seen these: http://www.towsure.com/category/5128-Galvanised_Steel_Mudguards but also some cheaper on a different site, just can't look for it just now, about to have supper!

Cheers and nice job with the truck! Have you used it to carry anything yet, I love to see a loaded old truck, so if you do, take a pic or two! Smile

Dave
klassicdave

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link Dave, much appreciated. I too like the idea of loading up the pickup area and I can't think of anything more appropriate than a few cases of beer to celebrate its launch, albeit belatedly. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Dave
crownpoint

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Ford pickup Reply with quote

A nice little project utilising a Morris Minor pickup cab panel ? This must have been a challenge to fit. How did you manage it ?
lowdrag

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone who is ham fisted, I doff my hat at such a project. I think it is truly wonderful and will bring many a smile to peoples faces - and that what this life should be all about!
Richard H

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klassicdave wrote:
I think a classic vehicle should be on prescription as its effects are certainly positive. What are your experiences ladies and gentlemen ????????????????????????

I agree. When I've had a bad day, my A35 always makes me smile Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: