classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Easiest,stress free breakdown thanks to DSC in diss norfolk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
michael1703

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Easiest,stress free breakdown thanks to DSC in diss norfolk Reply with quote

On saturday i was driving along the a143 on my way to yarmouth when my van suddenly lost power, i coasted to a stop on a farm entrance at brockdish and had a check

i was sure it was electrical as there was no surging just an instant stop

two squirts of throttle with the air cleaner off confirmed that fuel wasnt the problem, distributor cap off, spin engine over with ignition on= no spark at points

theres an odd smell like 3in-one oil, the only thing that could be is the coil, i pulled the coil out to find it had cracked and blown its oil out

so.. the plan was to get a taxi back to diss and buy a coil so i rang DSC car parts and asked to check they had a coil as i explained i was broken down and that i would get a taxi to them

they said not to worry and that they would deliver it to me in their van Very Happy

i broke down at 10.15 and they turned up at 10.30, didnt even ask about money, waited for me to fit it and fire the engine up and bid me fairwell!

what a great service!

heres a pic of the coil with its flip top

exbmc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: service Reply with quote

Well let's hear it for DSC!! That is real old fashioned service indeed. Not heard of them myself, are they just Norfolk area or further afield?
Certainly, a letter to the local paper would be good for them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: