classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Sitting in the rain
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
peter scott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: Sitting in the rain Reply with quote

Well in sharp contrast to 47p2's scene of perfect weather at Thirlstane last weekend, today at the same location the gods must have thought the grass was not green enough. This leads my ramble to a topic that was touched on in another thread, namely mechanisms with hurt feelings.

I was sitting in my car in the pouring rain chatting to a couple of other old car nuts when I thought I would just point out that my car clock was working and reading the correct time (a rare thing). Not being wholly confident of what I was saying I just glanced at my wrist watch and to my horror saw that the car clock was reading 10 minutes fast. Sad However I was quickly corrected by one of the others who confirmed that the car clock was indeed correct. My watch which has kept perfect time for the last five years had just stopped. Shocked Clearly jealous of this dashboard rival.

Peter Wink
clan chieftain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Got up this morning at 730am, sun splitting the trees..I thought I am going to wear my shorts today for the first time in ages.So there I was 830am ready to leave,shorts,white floppy hat, the whole shooting match. the sun was getting warmer,but I decided to put on my trakky trousers because lets face it gents your d... tends to fall to the side in shorts for some obscure reason which we wont go into...Glad I got changed because when we got to Lauder it was miserable then it rained and got more miserable. Then Peter came to say hello and that was my day well and truly f..... Only kidding Peter it was nice to meet you and we can have a longer chat the next time if the weather gets better.....cheers..Larry. Laughing Laughing Laughing
peter scott

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! No! No! It wasn't my fault. This is the second time my pal Ken has taken his car to a show and it's the second time we've sat in the pouring rain. If he suggests taking that car to another event I'm not going. Sad Wink

Peter
Scotty

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have friends over from the United States who decided to do a little exploring last week, so I recommended Skye if the weather was good.

Saurday there I'm sitting all pleased with myself because as we Scots know the weather has been particularly nice all week and I knew Skye would be spectacular with all the sunshine and warm temperatures, something Skye isn't renowned for.

I spoke with Mark last night eager to hear how fantastic the island was, only to discover they got lost and ended up at Fort William! Laughing
Brian M

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good reason for taking a classic caravan to car shows.

At one wet show I had 19 close friends in my Safari. Ten squeezed on the long seats, three on chairs in the aisle, and six standing in the kitchen area.

As soon as it stopped raining I became "billy-no-mates" Very Happy
47p2

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter,

I heard about the rain when I was in Fraserburgh Shocked How bad news flies......
Reading this post I spotted the cause of the rain, it was Larry wearing his shorts............ Embarassed Keep them for the holidays next time Larry Very Happy

Scotty,
I heard that Skye has had beautiful weather for the past 6 weeks so your friends just might be lucky Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: