classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

60s/70s Cars and vans required - film shoot - Stoke
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: 60s/70s Cars and vans required - film shoot - Stoke Reply with quote

Interesting news about a film due to be filmed in Stoke. They require an assortment of classic cars and vans. I've pointed them towards Whitby Morrison of Crewe, ice cream van builders, as they run a fleet of preserved vans including Mr Whippy vans.

-----------

Dear Rick,

I really appreciated your help last time and I am contacting you again for a film query.
This time I am working on a more important project, a film called Souled out, which will be shot in Stoke-on-Trent from mid-august, and is a co-production between Ipso facto Films and Dreamfinder Productions. Genre: Drama/Music. Director: Shimmy Marcus.

It is a period drama set in the seventies. We need a large amount of late sixties / early seventies vehicles:

-An Ice-Cream Van (Mister Whippy style).
-a van
-a Burger Van
-cars

I know how efficient your website is, and I was wondering if you could help me again. We are looking for some owners around the area of Stoke-on -Trent, Manchester, etc.... The location being so far from London, we are forced to call out for private owners, because using Action Vehicles from London would be logistically impossible.

Of course there is money and credits offered, although we are working with a tight budget. As there are so many vehicles needed I will only be able to provide money details on a one to one basis, especially if we end up being able to negotiate several vehicles from a same owner.

I hope to hearing from you soon,
Best,

Gaelle Lindingre
Art Director
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With that title, the film just has to do with a club that was in the Stoke area around that time called The Torch....It got burned down if I remember correctly.
Job-Rated

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Joe wrote:
The Torch....It got burned down if I remember correctly.

Fnar fnar!! Laughing

http://www.loosechange-band.co.uk/
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always thought that it was funny myself. Folklore has it that it was well known gangsters that torched it....they did a couple more in the North West apparently as well..
grahame

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Cars for film shoot Reply with quote

We've got a selection of classics available if it's any help. We're based in Worcestershire, just south of Redditch. Jaguars, Alfa, Morris and Jensens.
Give me a ring on 01527 893733 if I can help.
www.greatescapecars.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Classic & Vintage Cars, Lorries, Vans, Motorcycles etc - General Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: