classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Waldershare (near Dover)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs
pigtin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Waldershare (near Dover) Reply with quote

Ruddy hot, good drop of beer available and good turnout of cars... met Sleepy John. first time I've met another forum member.

Had fright when Pigtin 'ceased' a half mile from the show: but was only the barrel from the throttle cable came loose and moved... soon fixed.

peter scott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liked the picture of the Ariel. 'Not sure if it's the same model but I have a picture of my mother perched on one in the 30s. No it wasn't her bike although she did have a more modest Francis Barnet.

Peter Smile

pigtin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a 350 of 500 single your mothers on Peter, I have a picture of my cousin in Holland on a similar machine somewhere.
The Ariel at Waldershare is a very early ohc square 4. I believe they were made from 1930 to 1936 when they went over to pushrod.

Don.
peter scott

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I did doubt that my mother's seat was a twin but I totally missed the fact that your photo was square four. The ones I remember had separate exhausts for the rears. (I think?)

Peter Embarassed
pigtin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The four pipe ones were the last of the square fours, built in the 50s.
The extra pipes were an attempt to prevent the rear cylinders overheating and seizing up. I think it worked. I put an oil 'cartridge' filter system in mine and that also seemed to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Show News, Reports, Press Releases & Photographs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: