classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

old oil and grease equipment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
ford123nut

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: old oil and grease equipment Reply with quote

Hi all i have come across a large air fed oil and grease gun unit dated 1948. It's made by a company called pillin in kent but also has refrence to c.c. wakefield and has a large castrol sign on which is origional. It has a pull out draw for different bits to fit onto guns and is in near perfect condition. Im pretty new to all this so if anyone has anymore info on this it would be very helpfull i have pics if needs be thanks john
Greeney in France

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord C. C. Wakefield was England's Rockefeller. He was the governing director of C. C. Wakefield and Company, Ltd., known as 'Castrol', perhaps the largest oil company in England at that time, the name coming from 'Castor' and 'Oil', Castrol 'R' being one of their best selling racing oils.
I cant tell you anything about Pillin though

We do these things not to escape life but to prevent life escaping us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: