classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Interior
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice
bob2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:12 am    Post subject: Interior Reply with quote

Need to retrim the seats on my hunter but till now havent found any material similar to the original!!
Only found a black material which is remotely similar but I need it to be brown.
Will try and post a photo of it later on, maybe someone could give me a lead to a Uk supplier who has in stock and could post to Malta.

Here it is, will need 2 types, perforated and plain and in the same colour.
I am not touching the door cards since all they need is a clean up so therefore colour should be spot on with them!!
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trims looks very good to me! Woolies do a range incl perforated but I doubt if they do that unusual colour Crying or Very sad

You could re-colour using the speciality p[aint sfor vynil which can be mixed to te exact colour. This is best done befire making up the panels.

The only problem with any "paints" is that even if they bond into the top layer they will wear off Rolling Eyes
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
bob2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Already tried woolies but they only have black in stock Sad
Didnt wish to tint exactly for the same reason u gave, this will be used on sunday outings (picnics etc) and the like so with all the family on board + luggage, I want the interior to be particularly hard wearing!!

Unfortunately that seat is the only good one, the driver's seat is torn very badly and the back seat has a couple of tears and the top is very hard, the sun we have here destroys car interiors especially vinyl ones.
The top dash is also a mess and will have to take it off and retrim it but thats quite easy to replicate!!! Sad
peter scott

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

There's someone advertising in April 2009 The Autojumber...

"SET OF BROWN seats for Hillman Hunter, £10. Various late Humber Sceptre
spares inluding engine, gearbox, back axle, doors etc for sale.
Tel 0117 9666152 after 6pm"

Peter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Restoration Advice All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: