classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

A new enthusiastic member..where are the lady drivers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: A new enthusiastic member..where are the lady drivers? Reply with quote

Good morning!

I am a very new member..joined yesterday I am also a member of the Bullnose Morris Club.I am hoping to buy a four seater Bullnose Morris in the near future.

Over many years we have had vintage cars in our family of all sorts. My first was a Wolsley Hornet which my father bought for me many years ago for £5.00 and a washing machine.My husband had a 1928 Alvis, one with a dicky seat also many years ago I learned to double de-clutch in that!!.However my father's first car was a Le Zebre and I have at long last seen one and now have a picture of one..

I am interested in finding other lady drivers of vintage cars.At the moment I have a g.reg landrover,no power steering so I am used to a heavy clutch.

It negotiated the narrow, potholed lanes last Sunday on the Bullnose Morris Club Picnic day as indeed did all those lovely vintage Bullnoses.

Pat R.
Rick
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Pat Smile there are a few lady drivers dotted around the membership here, so you're not alone!!!!

Rick
OCC & classic car merchandise (Austin, Ford ++):
https://www.redbubble.com/people/OldClassicCar/shop
roverdriver

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pat,
What model year was your father's Le Zebre? I fancy that I might have a photo of one somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.
Phil - Nottingham

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only have classics (newest is 1973, oldest 1938) - one for every of the week and my wife Diane drives them all although she still has and uses her first car she bought after passing her driving test in 1972 a 1968 Mini Traveller Mk2 "woody"
Land Rover S2 & S3
Morris Mini Traveller Mk2
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roverdriver wrote:
Hello Pat,
What model year was your father's Le Zebre? I fancy that I might have a photo of one somewhere, I'll see if I can find it.

Hello! This is the first time I have used this forum so I do hope this gets to you. My father had his Le Zebre around 1915 I have no idea what model it was.Sadly he is no longer with us to let me know.I have a picture of one in an Encyclopedia of Motor cars.

Pat
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil - Nottingham wrote:
We only have classics (newest is 1973, oldest 1938) - one for every of the week and my wife Diane drives them all although she still has and uses her first car she bought after passing her driving test in 1972 a 1968 Mini Traveller Mk2 "woody"

Thank you for replying ...I love driving and for the last 13 years I have had Landrover 90 ,now has 168.000 miles on the clock.I used it to tow a horse box for years.Sadly my beloved horse died about three years ago so I am looking for another sort of horse power in the shape of a bullnose.

Pat
gillberry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are female drivers out there Very Happy I have driven/owned in the last 10 years - Vauzhall Firenza's, Vauxhall Viva Ha's, Rover SD1's, Humber Hawk Estate, Humber Scpetre and at the moment my everyday car is a Volvo Amazon Estate as the other half is car less and has put his name on my every day car
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick wrote:
Welcome to the forum Pat Smile there are a few lady drivers dotted around the membership here, so you're not alone!!!!

Rick
How do you know Pat's a Patricia not a Patrick? Don't most chaps like ladies who are interested in old cars Laughing

p.s. Welcome Pat Wink
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich5ltr wrote:
Rick wrote:

Rick
How do you know Pat's a Patricia not a Patrick? Don't most chaps like ladies who are interested in old cars Laughing

p.s. Welcome Pat Wink

Good morning..I'm definitely a Patricia .One of three girls brought up with a super engineering father who taught me from an early age to listen to "Can you hear those tappits?" He loved his cars and could fix anything.
Our grown up children think I am mad looking for a Bullnose but I just ignore that.

Thank you for contacting me...Regards Patricia!

p.s. I will now go on to google and find out what tappits are!
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillberry wrote:
There are female drivers out there Very Happy I have driven/owned in the last 10 years - Vauzhall Firenza's, Vauxhall Viva Ha's, Rover SD1's, Humber Hawk Estate, Humber Scpetre and at the moment my everyday car is a Volvo Amazon Estate as the other half is car less and has put his name on my every day car

Good morning!

Thanks for contacting me ...good to hear about another lady driver...I only joined this forum two days ago and I have had an excellent response.

Pat
Penman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Rich5ltr wrote:
Rick wrote:

Rick

p.s. Welcome Pat Wink

I think this might have been a clue.

Quote:
I am interested in finding other lady drivers of vintage cars

Any 2 from:-
Straight 6
V8 V10
Rich5ltr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'll teach me to read proper.. Laughing
Nic Jarman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Pat. I have put a posting on "Classic and vintage cars" under "Talbot comes home" so it is near the top. You might find it interesting.
Dax Rush
Pat Russell

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nic Jarman wrote:
Welcome Pat. I have put a posting on "Classic and vintage cars" under "Talbot comes home" so it is near the top. You might find it interesting.

What a lovely story! And such a beautiful car..I'm looking for a four seater Bullnose .Just patience I think is the order of the day.
I'm now going to try to set up inserting photos.

Pat
Keith D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat,

Welcome to the forum.

My wife owns our 1928 Morris Cowley. the flatnose model after the bullnose unfortunately. However, I have to do the driving as she prefers automatics, not 3 speed crash boxes!

Good luck with your hunt!

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> All our old cars, vans, lorries etc All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: