classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

"Deblyn" The Pemberton Latest!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:57 pm    Post subject: "Deblyn" The Pemberton Latest!!! Reply with quote

After giving up on this caravan and moving on I got a handwritten letter through the post today from the lady who was trying to get me to save it from the scrap yard.

It turns out that the Caravan site misled her and that a Television company had put an order in with them for seven vintage caravans to use in a television drama.

Ironically the caravan is being shipped up to Yorkshire where I am based! I am going to try and see if I can have/buy it after they have finished with it and I'll also see what other caravans they have.

The lady who owned it stripped out the interior and has kept everything right down to the last screw so if I am lucky I might be able to get hold of it and put it back together Smile

I feel so sad for the woman who was bullied into "scrapping" it as it did not "comply with health and safety" and replacing it with a new caravan.

As she does not use the internet all of the correspondence I have had with her has been via letters - ironically the TV show the caravan is being used for is the series with Maureen Lipman in it "Ladies of Letters" !!!!!

The previously closed saga of Deblyn the caravan has been re-opened LOL
victor 101

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like this cloud might have a silver lining.
moggy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: deblyn the pemberton Reply with quote

Well i`ll go to the back of our house Joe,Best of luck ,and thanks for the update.There is a name for people site owners like that but can`t put into print
Dalek63

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all

If I was the lady concerned I'd bloody well sue the bast**ds or get the police on it for fraud !!!
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dalek63 wrote:
Hello all

If I was the lady concerned I'd bloody well sue the bast**ds or get the police on it for fraud !!!

I`lll Second that
Dalek63

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any news on this poor old caravan ?
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've not got round to finding out the contact details for the production company and calling them yet as soon as I do i'm going to have a good go at getting the caravan! jSmile
moggy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 am    Post subject: tv programme Reply with quote

HI, Joe the programme ladies of leisure was on itv3 tonight (wednesday) finished about 11.55pm but i only caught the last 5 mins when i realised it was on but are often repeated in same week ,might be worth looking in tv mag,Maybe you could get some info,Regards moggy.
yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiya harold, i think i have found out the production company (tiger aspect) as far as I can work out they are showing the first series in repeats and the next series will be in May (the one with the caravans). I have emailed the production company and addressed it to the prop department, have not heard back yet, it would be nice to get the caravan after all the fuss if they have not finished with it and got rid! theres a nice bluebird on ebay for you at the moment! jSmile
moggy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yorkshireretro wrote:
hiya harold, i think i have found out the production company (tiger aspect) as far as I can work out they are showing the first series in repeats and the next series will be in May (the one with the caravans). I have emailed the production company and addressed it to the prop department, have not heard back yet, it would be nice to get the caravan after all the fuss if they have not finished with it and got rid! theres a nice bluebird on ebay for you at the moment! jSmile

Any updates joe ??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: