classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

bluebird restoration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans)
bluebird frankie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject: bluebird restoration Reply with quote

Hi there, I have just aqquired a beautiful old bluebird, when I tow it the body floats above the shassy just over th tow bar, can I fix this by taking the front panel off and replacing the structural wood?? any ideas welcome, I am very new to this caravan world. Very Happy

[img]http://s845.photobucket.com/albums/ab18/bluebirdfrankie/my%20%20new%20traila/?action=view&current=bluebird2.jpg&newest=1[/img]
Dalek63

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My goodness shes a big old girl, your braver than me to tow that on the road, what do you pull her with? As for the chassis and body parting ways you need to get some new wood and coach bolts there ASAP !
here is the photo you linked to for easier viewing.

yorkshireretro

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

im jealous!! moggy's eyes will be out on stalks when he sees that one! Smile
moggy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:37 pm    Post subject: bluebird. Reply with quote

Wow ! What a beauty, Agree with Dalek about Wood n coachbolts as well as checking the angle iron across the front were it attaches to the body,
And yes Joe you are right already worn out the box of matches and now onto lollypop sticks LOL,
Hey how about some interior pictures for us other bluebird nuts Frankie,Would be appreciated.
bluebird frankie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: sweet bluebird Reply with quote

You guys are amazing thankyou for your response, I will get on the case, am very excited, The interior is very sweet, I will post some picckies as soon as I get back to the yard. I have been towing it with a short weel base landy, toes sweet in terms of not jolting or swerving, its just the floating which made me twitch wouldnt want to tow it again untill fixed. Very Happy
moggy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well frankie were`s the interior pics ,would be appeciated
moggy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frankie any more news on the restoration and interior pics for us to see,Would appreciate it a lot. Confused Very Happy Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> General Motoring & Collectables (inc Classic Caravans) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: