classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Hillman Hunter body trim clips
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration
cowsandcars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Hillman Hunter body trim clips Reply with quote

G'day to all ..I am restoring a 1969 HC Hillman Hunter ..built here in Australia by Chrysler..as you probably know all Rootes British running gear with Chrysler Australia body...I am having trouble getting the plastic clips and metal ones that hold the metal body trims on ,,does any one know if they are available in UK or any where else for that matter .they are not to be found in Oz
ukdave2002

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Try Bresco, and put "Hunter' in to their search box.

http://www.bresco.com

Cheers

Dave
cowsandcars

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:01 pm    Post subject: body clips Reply with quote

thanks Dave
Have already looked at that site ,clips are different ,I would accept a different shape if they fitted .but the plastic one they have item MK3 has a offset pin and I cant see how it would fit..pitty they dont show dimensions..all the metal ones are too big ..maybe the Australian ones are exclusive to Aust..I know they are different to other Chrysler cars of the same vintage here like the Valiant..The Hillman car club spares guy here who is a restorer for his income cant help..They were available up untill couple years ago ,but if sales become slow they delete them and that is what happened..Unsold stock goes in the bin..I am weeping..
JohnDale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi in OZ, it may pay you to contact Howard at Bresco, either phone(expensive) or email - he knows his stuff & is easy to talk to,good luck
with your search,cheers JD.
bob2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are very difficult to locate if they are the same as mine.
I contacted Bresco too and he managed to find me some but said that they had been discontinued and this happened 3/4 years ago!
I would like to find some more to keep as spare too!
Good luck with your search, it would help if you did post a photo of them to see whether they are the same as mine and send a photo to Bresco too as confirmation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: