classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

POR 15?
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a suspicion that Buzzy is going to make a small fortune soon, selling beeswax as well as this recipe!
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you know, any money is going to be put back into cars so it's all good!! Laughing

You are advised by me to use a double boiler on an electric hop, as when I make polish I use simmilar ingreediates and they do have a habit of combusting. If they do treat them as a chip pan fire and smother the flames with a damp cloth, Never pour water on it, etc. To make a real easy double boiler get an old baked bean can and place wak in in, ( a clean one of course) then place the can into a pan off water on a piece of wood so it isn't touching the bottom of the pan. Otherwise just use the kitchen one, but you will be hard pushed to get it wax free after!

I will have a go and will have to buy some wax off a mate as all mine is now polish and lip balm for xmas pressents!

(Like Rustyreks says if you aren't sure about making it, then buy some as it could be dangerous, You have been warned!)

Cheers

Dave
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buzzy, how about a free sample for "information received!" Laughing
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzy, I forgot. add www to my email address, see if you like what you find.
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

If I got some beeswax and have made some by the time we meet, I will sort you out with a sample, but if not can sort you out with some wax polish? I don't fancy posting the stuff! (hazardous chemicals and all!)

Cheers

Dave
rustyreks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzy bee a little tip a good wood polish if you havent any in the house is cold tea no sugar or milk of course just loose tea or a tea bag brewed strong and once cooled use it as a wood polish or a glass cleaner does a really good job tannins in the tea.I have used it for a polish and for cleaning tv and computer screen and windows believe it or not it works just dip a cloth in the tea wipe on with the damp cloth cloth and polish off with a dry cloth the idea came from an old cookery book printed in the late 40s can be used for other things too these were the most practical uses though. Give me some feedback when you have tried the idea i think you will be surprised.rusty nz
buzzy bee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I will have a go later, and let you know. Maybe I should include some in my beeswax polish!

Cheers

Dave
rustyreks

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buzzy bee a little tip for something you should put in your wood polish the best ever product for wood,leather,metal, as a natural polish is lanoline i use it on old machinery for rust control it is amazing but for wood it is a natural preservative and polish made from natural oils enhances the grain i have used it on old timber amazing results here is a web site to check up on it www.lanoguard.co.nz not just pulling your leg.
Uncle Joe

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would it be possible to replace the light oil in the Waxoyl recipe earlier with Lanoline?
rustyreks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The waxol treatment recipe works well as it is and is cheap to make for bulk amounts the lanoline based products work very well for rust treatment i have used the lanoguard product and it is excellent it is suitable as a rust inhibiter and rust treatment but the refined lanoline {anhydrous lanoline} you buy is expensive so you need to be a bit selective with its use as a wood polish you would only need a small amount to get a good result.You can buy it thru the chemist it can be diluted with parrafin oil.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Bodywork & Paint Restoration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: