classic car forum header
Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration.
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Register     Posting Photographs     Privacy     F/book OCC Facebook     OCC on Patreon

Morris 8 Series E rolling shell for restoration
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds'
UKdave2002

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Morris 8 Series E rolling shell for restoration Reply with quote

This is now sold
No I haven’t given up on mine!

This car is now on eBay;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260083190131

A few years a go me and a mate who also owns a 4 door series E bought this car between us as a joint spares car. It was an abandoned project 90% complete with lots of bits in boxes. We kept it at his place and to be honest I only saw it when I needed a part. My mate is just about to demolish his house and build a new one(long story!) needs all the space for building materials etc, so over weekend we moved the car to my garage I planned to strip what was left and then dispose of the body & chassis.

It’s the first time I have really had a good look at body, and to my amazement it’s in dam good shape, never been welded or restored. I have been round it with a heavy chisel and hammer giving all the metal work a good prod. I have managed to make a small hole in one of the sills, and some holes on both sides of the inner rear wheel arch.
The wheel arches will need a simple flat piece of metal welded in and the sill a simple curve (I have a spare sill but it really doesn’t need the whole thing). I reckon it should take no more than a morning to do the welding.

This car is far too good to scrap. I’m 99% sure we have the V5, think it has a non transferable age related reg. It would suit someone who is restoring a 4 door E but has a rotten shell (believe me they can rot!). Looking for offers around £200 for which you will get a rolling shell i.e. the body and chassis, front and rear axels may be some other bits on but that’s a bonus !! (it has the metal sunroof and this panel is included).

The Car Current State

The hole in the sill

Near side rear inner wheel arch

Off Side rear inner wheel arch

If you want to see the car let me know.

Dave
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Classic cars forum & vehicle restoration. Forum Index -> Your Adverts & Ebay 'finds' All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: